Monday, November 14, 2005
















Yesterday was extremely busy...tomorrow promises to be busier still, so I am going to post quickly.

Sunday, Pat and I decided to strike out and try a church a little closer to our new home. Now that we are a little further north of the city, we find ourselves- especially, I find myself- wanting to plug in to this area, rather than hanging on to church ties back in Marietta. So friends invited us out to Midway Community Church- a Baptist church about 15 minutes away...and I have to say, I loved it. My initial impression was quite strong and positive, because the people were all very friendly and helpful- as far as plugging our kids into classes, etc. And the sermon was so refreshing- a message of hope in the gospel, and a call to holy living. Ever since leaving First Baptist Atlanta, I have missed Dr. Stanley's joy and positive, victorious approach to Christian living. Midway seemed to have the same feel, yet with a deeper scriptural foundation. So, we hope to attend this weekend again, and see whether our initial impressions are proven true.

And the much-anticipated party...well, let's just say the Helms birthday bashes will never, ever come close to the grandeur of Teresea Lee's 5th birthday celebration. The backyard was decked out in streamers...there were two miniature ponies trotting around the property...there was a cage full of baby chicks to pet and hold...there was a pinata (my 17 month-old son was quite dangerous in that game)...and Sue Ann had prepared a gourmet of all gourmet feasts. It was wonderful, and Anna and her little buddies had a blast together. But the neatest part of the afternoon for me was looking around at the faces of these women in my new neighborhood and thinking, "I like and get along with them ALL". We are becoming a closer group of friends, and are working hard to make relationships for ourselves and our kids.

And that leads me to tomorrow and its busyness. Anna and I are hosting a Harvest Party for a dozen little preschool folks, both in our neighborhood and church...so the house which looks beautiful right now, by tomorrow at 10am will not. But we are excited to plan and prepare. And are glad to have the opportunity to be settled in to this house finally...So until tomorrow...take care and I'll be sure and put up some pictures of the party tomorrow evening....





3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Alina said...

Maryanne,
I love that you looked around yesterday and saw women you liked and want to know better. I can remember many conversations where we both remarked how difficult it was to find friends after the wonderful college days. God is so good to show us there is more beyond our imaginations, even though it may take time. Joshua looks so cute on the pony, as does Anna holding the chickie. Have a great party tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it.

Love
Alina

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous bchallies said...

What adorable photographs of two of my favorite little human beings!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Wow...can't imagine having a party like that at 5 years of age!(: I love Josh's expression up on the horse...so somber!! Have fun tomorrow and I'm so glad everything is working out for you guys but I do miss you way over on the other side of the city=( Rick and I will have to try to make it over there again soon. Love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home