Thursday, November 24, 2005

Today is grand old Turkey Day...and so far, has been a good one. The sun is shining brilliantly against a perfectly clear, blue sky- I love the sky in autumn the most of any season- and the weather is warm...probably about 60 degrees or so. Perfect fall setting for Thanksgiving. And like so many people in this country today, I am deeply grateful for so many blessings in my life, all of them undeserved, showered down by a loving God. Thought I would share my "thanks" this afternoon...

1. Christ- Enough said. To know the reality of sins forgiven, guilt nailed to a cross, security bought in Heaven, and joy here on Earth...priceless.
2. My husband - God answered my most heartfelt prayer when He gave me Pat...someone who loves me, is actually good at fighting gently against sin in me, and the source of my two little treasures, Anna and Josh
3. My children- Words cannot even describe the new meaning and joy life takes on with the arrival of children. As I describe to Anna (unoriginal description, but the word pictures work), the love I have for her and Josh is "as big as a mountain and as wide as the sea".
4. My parents - They began the legacy of faith in us kids, coming from unbelieving homes...and as trailblazers, did an incredible job raising us to love the Lord. And the in-laws...Pat's parents rival most in their generosity and are so gracious in their love and hospitality- and are darn good grandparents to boot.
5. My siblings - the best friends I could ever ask for. And the coolest thing is, we keep on adding more to the mix, as dating and marriage happens.
6. Girl-friends - For Jo, Aileen, Susanna, Grace, Mom, Corrin, Alina, Emily, Janelle, Rachel, Faith, Luci, Michelle...and more.
7. The South - as a transplanted Yank, I can't say enough about the blessed south. This place, for all its superficial SUV-ness, has still captured my heart.

And so much more...I could go on for hours, days. All I can say is "for from Him, and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. "









2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Susanna Rose said...

Ahhh, nice thanks list! We had a SUPER time tonight, great food and enjoyed all the great company! I am very thankful to be your sister and also very thankful to be on your friends list!! I love you and your beautiful little family so much!!(= xoxo

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous bchallies said...

Lovely post, Hon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home